Visa Assistance

Participants who need a visa to enter Japan should apply to the Embassy or Consulate General of Japan in their country of residence with all required documents.  Detailed information will be found on the official website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.


If you need invitation letters for your visa application, please contact Dr. Horiguchi with the following information and items.

  • Full name as in passport
  • Gender
  • Nationality
  • Occupation
  • Date of Birth
  • Paper ID or paper title
  • Conference registration ID
  • Certificate of employment or enrollment (electronic copy)
  • Travel itinerary/receipt (electronic copy)
  • Confirmation of your hotel booking (electronic copy)

Visa letters should only be issued to Speakers/Presenters and Committee members who have paid the required registration fee in full. When you plan to travel with your family and/or students who do not present any paper, you should apply visas together.  The specific instructions will be provided together with the invitation letter.